Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
I don't know about the %10-15. If you made the fish bleed badly with your hook or hook it deep and cut the line the infection from the hook or it bleeding slowly will kill it, that is why I love using lures , the chances of just getting it's lip only is great.

Using singers with dual hooks, I've had to end up taking some fish.

I don't know about the %10-15. If you made the fish bleed badly with your hook or hook it deep and cut the line the infection from the hook or it bleeding slowly will kill it, that is why I love using lures , the chances of just getting it's lip only is great.

Using singers with dual hooks, I've had to end up taking some fish.
They don't have to bleed to die. Sometimes it's exhaustion. Sometimes it's handled badly and some of the protective film is removed. That leads to infection and the fish may die days after you caught it.

I got the 10-15% from a biologist who works for the DOW. Who am I to argue with him?

I'm sure that number is accurate. I love fishing as a sport. I make sure removing the hook and returning takes as short amount of time as possible, which is usually within 5-8 seconds. if i feel like i've made it bleed too much than i'll keep it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.