Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well once again my boss at work bugs me all week to go on a fishing trip over the weekend and once again me him and another guy i work with make plans and get all hyped up about it throughout the week and now ive been waitin all day for one of these guys to call me and let me know whats goin on (ive called them but no answer) and nothin....no phone call nothin i wander what the deal is we were supposed to go fishin up at 11 mile today and tonight so now looks like im gonna have to go to standley tomorrow morning and try to catch somethin there because i want to go i need to go fishing so....dam i wish i had a boat

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Sounds to me like the next time the boss wants to go on a fishing trip, you need to make some excuse why you can't go.

"Gee, boss, I'd love to, but Saturday is the day I have scheduled to sort out my sock drawer."

Then you proceed to go fishing wherever you want to, at any time you want to. If you have a wife, make sure she knows what you're doing so she will support your story if anyone calls. :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha good idea WE yea i dont know why but this is the third time its happened so i might just do that...good thinking on the wife tip i wouldve totally forgot and that wouldve been the time he called! those bastards i couldve been fishing all day today but theres always tomorrow

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had a friend that used to do that to me all the time.  Finally I started telling him to meet me at my house at a certain time and told him not to be a minute late.  At one minute past the arranged time I left without him.  Several times he did come over but I wasn't there because he was late.  

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Yep,

Don't wait, live your life....

I will wait for someone 15-20 minutes if they are coming from a distance. If they don't show up or call to explain, I am going anyway. One of my friends in Michigan is like, well I've got 4:05 am, lets go. Lights appear on the road, as he's gets the boat on plane. He just says if they wanted to go fishing they would have been here. I think he is right!

·
Registered
16,566 Posts
5 minutes is it! If I make every effort to be on time,I expect whoever to be on time also. No slack..

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Ok I saw a movie once where one of the characters said being punctual was a sign of respect. If you are habitually not punctual you have no respect for others.

I understand that a person can leave early and plan ahead for the unexpected but traffic or other circumstances cause a person to be late despite taking reasonable steps to be on time. It has happened to me.

But the person whow is chronically late, I don't have a lot of patience for. They have no respect for anyone but themselves. All that matters to them is themself.

Dan

·
Registered
943 Posts
i dont know about every one else but i am always early when i go fishing. i love it so much that i dont hardly sleep the night before ;D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
afishman said:
i dont hardly sleep the night before ;D.
  I agree, in fact my wife thinks i'm nuts cus I never even set the alarm. 4A.M., no problem. I guess I just get too excited. If you're going to be late,  call, that's what cell phones are for.

·
Registered
943 Posts
my wife thinks the same of me. she gets upset because she thinks the only time i am in a good mood is when i am going fishing. duh ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts