Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went family camping to the Flattops. Arrived Friday around noon and set up camp then hiked into a brooky lake @ 10,400 or so. Usually the lake is just icing out but this year it was prolly open two full weeks already. Had to Put on a jacket it was that cool with the breeze! Anyway, hucked some metal and fly/bubble 1 solid hit on a Kasty. Was gonna go to a higher lake but it was getting late so I stayed and just switched it up. Put on a perch Croc and 1st cast a nice 17" male. 3 casts later another 17-18" male. 1 more hit and it was back to camp and a roman coke.

Next day hiked to a cutty lake but only saw cruisers no love. fished for 2 hours and said screw it go somewhere I can catch something. Hiking back I happened upon a lake with cruising brookys. Hucked a Buoyant missed two. Some flailers showed up on the other side of the lake and began flailing. I switched to a fly/bubble but only a couple touches. Switched to a 1/8 oz. perch kasty and proceeded to ruin the flailers day. I landed at least 25 missed a dozen in 1 hr. The flailers and their entourage left in shame having landed nothing. I don't take pics of 7-9" Brookies but they were very pretty fish.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Nicely done Hamsta! We braved the 100 degree temp and had a good day at P-Lo. But then again I work outside everyday so I'm not fragile like you-LMFAO!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
That's not good. I thought I read somewhere that the water levels were good so far this year. I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
16,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's not good. I thought I read somewhere that the water levels were good so far this year. I could be mistaken.
Peak flows were over in May. Ive never heard that b4. Most years runoff lasts till mid-july.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Unbelievably awesome!

I’m up in the upper peninsula of Michigan itching to post of my adventure, but honestly, I’ve got nothing on this!

Awesome fish Mike. Just amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Haven't been up to Flat Tops in ten years. It's an amazing place. So is the White River heading towards Meeker but I can't say I ever caught anything huge out of there.

I'd like to say the photo of the fish between your feet looks chunky but that can go so wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts