Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So went family camping to the Flattops. Arrived Friday around noon and set up camp then hiked into a brooky lake @ 10,400 or so. Usually the lake is just icing out but this year it was prolly open two full weeks already. Had to Put on a jacket it was that cool with the breeze! Anyway, hucked some metal and fly/bubble 1 solid hit on a Kasty. Was gonna go to a higher lake but it was getting late so I stayed and just switched it up. Put on a perch Croc and 1st cast a nice 17" male. 3 casts later another 17-18" male. 1 more hit and it was back to camp and a roman coke.

Next day hiked to a cutty lake but only saw cruisers no love. fished for 2 hours and said screw it go somewhere I can catch something. Hiking back I happened upon a lake with cruising brookys. Hucked a Buoyant missed two. Some flailers showed up on the other side of the lake and began flailing. I switched to a fly/bubble but only a couple touches. Switched to a 1/8 oz. perch kasty and proceeded to ruin the flailers day. I landed at least 25 missed a dozen in 1 hr. The flailers and their entourage left in shame having landed nothing. I don't take pics of 7-9" Brookies but they were very pretty fish.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Haven't been up to Flat Tops in ten years. It's an amazing place. So is the White River heading towards Meeker but I can't say I ever caught anything huge out of there.

I'd like to say the photo of the fish between your feet looks chunky but that can go so wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.