Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title is not a lie, I hope to be out of CO by this time next year. Until then, I do what I can. I got crazy busy the last 4 months between coming to the end of school, and a 10 week internship. Haven't found the time to make any recent posts but figured I'd make a post of the last couple months. My open water bass spots have greatly dwindled down by this point...

Managed this fish a couple days ago

This fish about a week or so ago

This fish 3 weeks ago

The rest of the fish were from either october or september

Spot

A couple mouth shots

Couple dink eyes just cause I have spent very minimal amounts chasing them thus far this year

I am now counting the days until this useless ice disperses :cool:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Great looking fish!! I can't take the winters in CO anymore either-head south young man.

:)

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great looking fish!! I can't take the winters in CO anymore either-head south young man.

:)
That is the plan. I have zero motivation to try to take advantage of colorados less than desirable seasons and/or species. Florida is number 1 on the list, but would be just as content in Georgia or Texas. Sheet, I'd even go to Arizona. I won't even consider Cali though. I want to bass fish, in the winter, in shorts and T-shirt. At 22yrs old my goal is to get out before I find anything to keep me here...

·
Registered
16,732 Posts
Haha go join the rest of the white trash in florida.

Nothing personal----

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Haha go join the rest of the white trash in florida.

Nothing personal----
I dunno...saying "the REST of" makes it sound a tad bit personal. But, I know what you mean. Floridians are crazy. Supposedly more pain pills are prescribed in Florida that the rest of the country combined

·
Registered
16,732 Posts
I dunno...saying "the REST of" makes it sound a tad bit personal. But, I know what you mean. Floridians are crazy. Supposedly more pain pills are prescribed in Florida that the rest of the country combined
Nothing personal. Never met the guy. Ive been to Fla and it is what it is.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice chunks! Sick job with the glide baits, haven't had a ton of luck on mine but they look soooo good in the water.

Winter can definitely be a depressing time for some of us that can't get the ice fishing bug or haven't yet learned the ways of tailwater trout, which is exactly why I decided to go back to work.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
That is the plan. I have zero motivation to try to take advantage of colorados less than desirable seasons and/or species. Florida is number 1 on the list, but would be just as content in Georgia or Texas. Sheet, I'd even go to Arizona. I won't even consider Cali though. I want to bass fish, in the winter, in shorts and T-shirt. At 22yrs old my goal is to get out before I find anything to keep me here...
Nothing personal at all, but I wish there were more like you and Kirbydog, For every one going out there's like 20 coming in

·
Registered
199 Posts
At 22yrs old my goal is to get out before I find anything to keep me here...
Dang man I didn't know you were so young! You are the first person to make me feel old lol. You even have a boat and everything! Make sure to post pics on here of your 10 lb largies!! Sounds like you have a bright future ahead of you.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Southern Texas-Rayburn, Toledo Bend, Conroe, Falcon, Amistad-some of the best bass fishing in the country. You owe it to yourself to consider it.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Nice fishes.

I know a few guys very well versed in winter bass fishing. Often times, sitting on a slab of ice, shirtless...

:puke:

Good luck on your move. Hope it happens sooner rather than later...for you, of course. :biggrin1:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts