Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live next to a Jack Nicholas designed golf course here in Montrose (The Bridges). There is a path that cuts through the golf course that was created by the owners of the course. I like to walk my dogs down the path and then around the edge of the golf course and then back to my sub division. I don't understand the folks who use the golf course by riding around in their golf carts. Do they think they are getting exercise?
I understand those who either walk the course carrying their golf bag or have small push carts that have their golf bag on it. They are at least getting some exercise out of the game. Quite a few that ride the golf carts are middle aged (somewhere between 30 to early 50's) so they should be able to walk I would think. I have nothing against golf but just wonder if these folks are really getting any thing out of paying an exorbitant greens fee and then riding around thinking they are exercising.
I'm 74 and still wade fish when I can and kick paddle my Bucks Bag pontoon on the lakes here on the western slope. If I can do it I would think someone who isn't handicapped and wants exercise would walk rather than ride a golf cart around.
I see the sport in trying to better your golf score but why consider it exercise when you aren't doing anything other than swinging a golf club as your sole method of exercise? I just don't get it.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Well you said it your not a golfer and dont get it. Try spending 5 hours out there drinking with the boys taking 125 swings at the ball and tell me your not pooped out end of day.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
what part of enjoying themselves do you not get sounds to me like your a bit jealous, I doubt their thinking there exercising I dont get too much exercise on my boat but still enjoy it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts