Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

So, what's your favorite (preferred) fish to fish for, in Colorado?

• Rainbows

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Browns

• Brookies

• Cuttys

• Kokes

• Lakers

• Largemouth Bass

• Smallmouth Bass

• Wiper (white bass)

• Walleye (saugeye)

• Pike

• Tiger Muskie

• Cats (channels, blues and flats)

• Panfish (perch, crappie, bluegills)

• Carp

• Other

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's one for the group. What fish species do you most prefer chasing, and why?

I know, it's been done...but hey, we're always up for some fun discussions right? There's a bit of method to my post. This post is about which fish we all love most...and thus may show, we care more (if only) about the fish we love to target...so we go out of our way to protect it.

So, post up...poll up...and let's see where this discussion takes us!

O0

(gawd, I love being a troll now) :D

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
For me it's a tie (don't know if we can vote for two) between two polar opposites: macs (epitome of a coldwater fish), & cats (epitome of a warmwater fish). Both have "BFP" (Big Fish Potential!)

After that, it's hard to say. I love wipers for the fight, but the locations of high country trout alone makes their pursuit very alluring. Bigmouths & smallmouths are wonderful fish. For some reason walleyes & pike don't do it for me as much, but hey, I'm game. I like the variety. Just love fishing (and we haven't even mentioned the "friends" factor). Dream is to catch a fish I don't even want to name. ;)

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hop said:
For me it's a tie (don't know if we can vote for two) between two polar opposites: macs (epitome of a coldwater fish), & cats (epitome of a warmwater fish). Both have "BFP" (Big Fish Potential!)

After that, it's hard to say. I love wipers for the fight, but the locations of high country trout alone makes their pursuit very alluring. Bigmouths & smallmouths are wonderful fish. For some reason walleyes & pike don't do it for me as much, but hey, I'm game. I like the variety. Just love fishing (and we haven't even mentioned the "friends" factor). Dream is to catch a fish I don't even want to name. ;)
Hmmm..maybe I should change the vote options to two... ???

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well thinking back to when I started fishing... when I was maybe 7 years old to 15 I probably caught some sort of white bass/wiper, small and large mouth bass, blue gill, a yellow perch and a small little crappie. Only recently this year I bought a license myself, so I had a 5 year gap in between...but the one species I caught the most so far was the Rainbow Trout, so it is kind fun to keep catching them.

I do hope one day within the this license season that I can catch one of each species with exception to the Greyling and Pike cuz they are in the mountains and I'm not exactly comfortable driving in the Mountains.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Wiper for me! Second would be bass then tigers and pike.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Anyhting In-Shore Jacks, Snook, Trout, Grouper its all good. opps wrong poll thought this was Florida Sportsman ;D

In this state I guess anything that swims in a river, Browns #1

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Another wiper bigot...as someone said...the tug is the drug!...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
for me? It's all about the Largemouth, Smallmouth and the Spots. It's not that i dont like the other species and will target them from time to time but the challenge of the bass fishing has kept me prisoner for almost 10 years. :)

1 - 20 of 80 Posts