Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: i can't find that information anywhere, im Dan's son and i am doing a project for school, i am creating a new type of fishing pole, but i do not know wat a fishing pole is made out of so please, if any of you know please tell

i need to know the fishing Pole not the reel or anything, just the pole :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, so the main part of the pole is graphite, but wat is the rest made out ok, like the handle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kk thx, my design might need some modifications then lol hey, doesn anyone know wat coul inforce the cork from the inside if it was hollowed out?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
for the handel the main rod weather it be fiberglass or graphite ussualy runs thru the handle they just slipp the foam or cork over the rod blank and glue it on

here is a link to some rod buildint tutorials this one is for a fly rod but most applies to all rods

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/begin/graphite/part1.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am studyig, i need help with my project, i am trying to figure out places to buy graphite now dan lol

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
so you are trying to make the blank its self rather than starting with a premade blank that might be tough you might look into split bamboo rod making they are hard to make but with lots of care you can make a reel nice rod blank at home but the fiberglass/graphite rods are machine made and would be dificult to make a quality blank at home with out lots of very expensive equipment

M

·
0 Posts
Dan said:
JJX16

What are you doing on the internet at school?

Get back to studying!

Dan (Dad)
haha, sounds like my dad yelling at me for texting him at school then texting me back telling me how good the fishing is wherever hes on a "business trip"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts