Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For fathers day, I tried to buy my pops a pair of glasses that correct color blindness. Long story short, they didn't help him. All that's ever helped a little was wearing rose color lenses. So, I want to buy him a set of sunglasses with rose lenses that are glass if possible. I'd also like to stay under $75 or so. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You might want to try Costco or Sam's Club, stop by their optometry section. I've bought polarized glass lens sunglasses there in that price range. Not sure about the rose color being stock but they do offer polarized prescription sunglasses with several colors. I'm sure they can put non-prescription glass in. You might also try some of the lower priced eyeglass stores around town as well.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might want to try Costco or Sam's Club, stop by their optometry section. I've bought polarized glass lens sunglasses there in that price range. Not sure about the rose color being stock but they do offer polarized prescription sunglasses with several colors. I'm sure they can put non-prescription glass in. You might also try some of the lower priced eyeglass stores around town as well.
Thanks, I'll try that.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jason didnt see any glass ones but the 2nd one is polarized. did you buy him the expensive enchromas? They seem to fix about 60% of the people that buy them and have a 60 day return policy.

[/URL]
Z, I did buy him the Enchroma... $325 and a prayer.... but man, they didn't work. His color blindness is not as horrible as some and his tests even came back marginal... I was so disappointed. They refunded my money and that company is great, I have nothing but great things to say about how they handled the whole thing.

Thanks for the links. I am looking into Habervision. I had their glasses about 6-7 years ago and the optics were so great. I sure thought they were glass lenses, but I don't see it on their site, so I emailed asking.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Natives. Might be a lil over a hundy.

Now not sure if they make a glass lense???

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Natives. Might be a lil over a hundy.

Now not sure if they make a glass lense???
I love Native optics, but they don't make glass. I talked to the owner of Habervision and they don't either. Pisses me off because Habervision were not that expensive, they have the perfect color lense and they look good. They discontinued their glass lenses 2 years ago. The owner is checking his distributors to see if anyone has a pair left.

It looks like I am going to go with plastic lenses.... I think I might just go with Habervision because their color lense is perfect.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Steepandcheap.com has some good deals on Costa, Smith, etc. They might be worth a look..

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Other than Costa, who still does glass lenses?
Smith glass lenses are amazing... but man, so expensive. There are a couple others as well, but I know little about the company.

I've had my smiths for 4 years and there is nearly no wear on the lenses. Pops just can't be trusted with $225 glasses.. he'll destroy them ;D

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Guideline is another company to check out. I have a pair of glass lenses and had poly's as well.

Not bad shades with some distortion on the periph. And I believe they are under $100(or can be found for under a hundy).

The glass lense pair I bought from Sierra Trade post($60ish if I remember).

https://www.sierratradingpost.com/polarized-sunglasses~d~181/specdataor~lens features!polarized/

Used to be able to shop for glass lenses but I don't see the option anymore....if you haven't checked the site out yet, there might be something that will work for ya.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts