Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Colorado but this week I'm down in Florida.......Im fishing Port Charlotte on Thursday. I am also headed out on a boat..... no guide.

What I need to know are some rigs, baits, and tactics....... any help is much appreciated.....I know local shops and guide's would be useful but some of you might have some good things to say. Thank you

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Walmart has fishing rods for cheap, get some weights and swivels, and snelled hooks..... And a styrofoam bucket. Go to any pier or bait shop, and buy a dozen or 2 of live shrimp. That's all you need. Piers, oyster beds and inshore flats at high tide.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in Colorado but this week I'm down in Florida.......Im fishing Port Charlotte on Thursday. I am also headed out on a boat..... no guide.

What I need to know are some rigs, baits, and tactics....... any help is much appreciated.....I know local shops and guide's would be useful but some of you might have some good things to say. Thank you
----I said I am going to be on a boat...... but thank you........ what rigs, baits, and tactics are advised?

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
After you skunk from your boat.... Get in your car and drive up US 19 to fort Ogden, take the county road west to a bluff, and fish the peace River right there. Use shrimp, chicken liver, baitfish etc.... It's right before the tides have an effect on the river and everything inshore and freshwater will be there. Good luck. There's also a dilapidated railroad bridge there so you'll feel right at home.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave M...... I've heard the peace river is a great place to fIsh......I also like shore and peir fishing. I have the*chance to fIsh from a boat in a large harbor...... was hoping to take advantage of this

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Live shrimp + popping cork (like the Thunder Chicken) should get you action. Look for grass beds and fish those. Live bait drifted down deep might also get you some action. Swimbaits tossed into current seams and around hard cover will get bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts