Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top of the ice that is... :smile:

Hit up Granby yesterday with some friends.

Most likely my swan song for icing this winter. With the ice coming off the Front Range, targeting some pre spawn eyes is catching my fancy.

Between us we landed around ten, which is way down number wise from previous trips.

Had to figure out the cadence, previously it was an aggressive snap of the rod, this time I farted around with that for an hour and a half and then tried some different styles.

I finally did just a light little dance to keep the silver kasty twitching and quivering right off the bottom and banged three 16-19’s in about 5 minutes.

Early AM they like my deeper spot @ 65 fow, later in the day it was better in 40 fow.

All done and lock jawed by 1:30pm. I did keep a few for dinner.

Here are a few pics. Was a beautiful day up there and we had a great time.

How can you beat Colorado scenery and weather ? :)8):thumb::happy:

Cheers

PD

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Did much better than us. We were out in front of sunset... Saw lots but they didn't want us.

So I said **** the dumb ****, packed up to go to fat cats for breakfast... and we went out to Williams fork, and grinded for about 12 lake trout.

Don't quit ice fishing, be like me and fish on top of turquoise lake in mid May.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
P-dog,

Catchy title there sir!

Glad you had great day.

Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
It was hard and at least 10 inches all day too. 8)
I think after 4 hrs you are suppose to go to the ER! Or east Colfax to take care of that :eek:

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice fish! I will be up there again Thursday to chase some big boys.
Alas no fatties for me, though I did have one hooked up that felt pretty solid Saturday, popped my line when he got up top.

My buddy's want to take another shot at it, so maybe I'm not done yet for the year.

Hope you land some biguns Dakota.

Stay safe and tight lines!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts