Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Same as always, No long stupid spheel. Got tired of chores so we went west to a popular lake to try for a new species. Brought nightcrawlers and gulp minnows/small twisters soaked in gulp sauce. Girl drowned worms and I dropshotted twisters. She caught/released lots of tiger trout from 8-12 inches, when i figured out how to feel bites/set hooks with the dropshot rig, I got a few tigers and brookies. Tiger trout are all over the place and were more numerous than the brooks we caught. A lot more fun too.

If you know the spot, you fish it and you catch them... Please throw them back so they can continue doing their jobs of eliminating the overpopulated stunted brook trout in that lake. We fished, waited out a thunderstorm in a natural shelter and left. Now we're downtown eating salads and listening to 90s hip hop at illegal Petes.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Yeppers those things are so kewl...yep let'em get big!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Those are some dope patterns on them fish. You def suck, Goonie, but good job.

·
P I K E
10,118 Posts
Right on you two, those are some beautiful fish!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice lookin fish dude!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Good job Dave and girlfriend!

Cool man, still haven't caught one.
I'd take your cutts over the tigers I have seen posted on the CO forums any time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good job Dave and girlfriend!

Thanks :)! It's a rare occurrence for me to catch more than Dave! It was fun, and they are beautiful fish. A couple of tourists actually saw me catch the first one and they asked to take my picture with the fish, I think they gave me some good luck, because I caught a bunch more after that! lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts