Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the perch,were are they biting I am on vacation now so drop me a line and lets go!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a boat

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Id say go to Aurora. They have some monster perch there. 30+ fish days are very common.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
157 Posts
Horsetooth has a nice population.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Aurora? Really......... always went for trout there. I guess your talking there in the shallows on the North West Side..... kinda due West of the Marina Shop? (But that's way too shallow for a boat)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the signa t aurora the other day said people doing well dropping jigs off boats for perch...not very specific, but ummm...yeah...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go to the point to the east of senac cove on aurora res, about 40 yards east of that point find 15 to 20 feet of water and jig a curly tail on a 1/8th ounce jig head in the late spring early summer and you will catch perch. At least thats the way it was for me last year. Please post how you do on the fishing reports. :)

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
10 Percent nailed it! I have caught hundreds around Senec and Marina Cove, you just have to keep moving! When the water is really clear you can see where the weed beds are. Try to find an area that has a cup, or where you see it interrupted by a deeper spot.

2" twisters or small Kastmasters are good search lures! Once you find them, slip bobbers and minnows work real well. Of course you will be fishing from a boat so you can fish vertical! Try the smaller sizes of Buckshot Rattle Spoons.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
went to Aurora wednesday caught 3 nice trout,kept 1 no perch.I will go try again Saturdayat either Quincy or Aurora.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Don't know if you have a trip planned this year but Blue Mesa is becoming infested with perch. People are being asked to remove these fish since they are gorging themselves on all the food that the kokanees normally eat. They say that it will hurt the kokanee population and in turn hurt the laker trout numbers and size. So you can fish for the perch and then search out those state record lakerers that rome that lake. That is if you are going into the mountains this year.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Re: Aurora
There is also one of those "holes" in the cove adjacent to the scuba beach. Directly out from the outhouse about 50 yards (depending on water level) on the cat tail bush side. Two inch tube jigs or the minnow type Southern Pro
plastics. Put a little Nitro gravy on them and they will keep
hitting the lure until you set the hook. I've pulled a few big rainbows out of that hole that were hangin with the perch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lon Hagler used to be full of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts