Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I have an opportunity to serve my county. I have been chosen as a juror for Jefferson County. This is a dream come true! Thank you to GOD for this chance!

Jim

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
And He appreciates you thanking him...now dont screw it up!...He will be watching you closely.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
You come across to me as a guy that has the making for a good juror. x2 on what zman said. Behave yourself and don't screw that ish up!

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
I will be one on Feb 16. Not sure I like that or that I can thank anybody in particular. I'm fine with doing my civic duties, but thats a holiday week around my office and really tough for me to not be at work.

·
Registered
297 Posts
§limer said:
I will be one on Feb 16. Not sure I like that or that I can thank anybody in particular. I'm fine with doing my civic duties, but thats a holiday week around my office and really tough for me to not be at work.
you should move your date to the 22nd so we can be juror pals. we can shoot spitwads at the judge and the attorneys from the back of the courthouse.

my date is on a tuesday so I'm pretty much stoked on having a paid day off. not to mention I know it's only gonna be a half day, maybe barr isn't thawed out by then. ;D

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
F.F Woodycooks said:
§limer said:
you should move your date to the 22nd so we can be juror pals. we can shoot spitwads at the judge and the attorneys from the back of the courthouse.

my date is on a tuesday so I'm pretty much stoked on having a paid day off. not to mention I know it's only gonna be a half day, maybe barr isn't thawed out by then. ;D
I already had to move it back once. Forgot about t in December. Can't miss 2 in a row. Wouldn't be good.

·
Banned
3,879 Posts
I got a summons too...

I tried to call the El paso County Courthouse to postpone because Im deployed. The recording you get is an effing joke...

I recommend you guys call for a good laugh...448-7790. Listen to the world's longest rambling message...

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
F.F Woodycooks said:
baetisrun1 said:
Today I have an opportunity to serve my county. I have been chosen as a jurur for Jefferson County. This is a dream come true! Thank you to GOD for this chance!

Jim
A Jurur eh?
oopps! you got me there! I'm glad bASStoy (Mr. wiggles) didn't catch that first! :D

Jim

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
baetisrun1 said:
F.F Woodycooks said:
baetisrun1 said:
Today I have an opportunity to serve my county. I have been chosen as a jurur for Jefferson County. This is a dream come true! Thank you to GOD for this chance!

Jim
A Jurur eh?
oopps! you got me there! I'm glad bASStoy (Mr. wiggles) did catch that first! :D

Jim
LMAO! I saw it Jimmy, but I like you...besides...I've been told to play nice. >:D :D

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I was a juror on a trial 3 years ago for the first time, and it was a great experience. It took 2 days, then I received a letter from the judge a couple weeks later thanking me for my civil duty.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Jim--You thank Him? I dare you to show up with John 3:16 eye black on.

Afraid? Lash out and say something unflattering about somebody who has.....

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sswan said:
Jim--You thank Him? I dare you to show up with John 3:16 eye black on.

Afraid? Lash out and say something unflattering about somebody who has.....
He is a very good football player... But he is not a very good Quarterback!

Jim

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Please don't serve your government as a juror.
Take care of the citizens who is on trial against the government law.
If you don't like the law vote accordingly.
If anyone was harmed see that justice is given. If no harm was done only the law was bent.
You have to power to nullify a unjust law.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
earplug said:
Please don't serve your government as a juror.
Take care of the citizens who is on trial against the government law.
If you don't like the law vote accordingly.
If anyone was harmed see that justice is given. If no harm was done only the law was bent.
You have to power to nullify a unjust law.
Jesus Christ! Why this crap? We are a nation of laws. Apply the law to the facts as you find them. Don't get caught up in this nonsensical jury nullification rhetoric. Good lord. What rock do you people live under?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
If it was only a black and white world of laws. We could judge our lives with a computer.
Simple software set up to judge and punish.
Have you ever read a law, mandate, rule that did not seem correct for the time and place?
Please don't serve the government. I feel served enough.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I agree with earplug, better to use common sense and honest judgement than fall for the forked tongue of a lawyer or judge. That's why we are judged by a jury of our peers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts