Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as of to day aug 19 2005 10:am

i was going thru the member list looking at cool names and checking old posts and i noticed

177 members have signed up and never posted

48 members have signed up and posted only once most of these post were a question like hows the fishing at so and so. some started a topic to ask others chimed in an existing topic most got good answers but were never heard from again

39 members have signed up and only posted twice most of these asked a question got some answers said thanks and were never heard from again

like i said i was bored and like numbers

why did these guys sign up but not hang around?

any thoughts?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well there was that report recently about the guy who died after a fish pulled his rod into the water and he went after it. Maybe there are still some giant fish out there and we don't know about it 'cause "all who see them never come back" (cue music from the X-Files).

Or maybe they read the post about someone using their &^%#$* to catch yellow perch and figured that we're too hard core for them.

Or maybe they can't find a spot to fish without leaves.

Didn't some "un-named potentially cult-ish offshoot from the Christian church" believe that only 177 people would actually rise into Heaven at the second comming? Maybe we've been left behind! Boy, talk about getting skunked!

They are intimidated by the fact that you have to post 50 times to stop being a "newbie".

Actually, my experience is that 10% of the people in a forum contribute 90% of the posts. That ratio seems to hold in most situations (school, work, etc.) Most just lurk or are too shy/timid/etc to post. They get their fill of information by just reading other peoples posts and don't feel like they can offer any valuable information or post a "reasonable" question.

The numbers that I'd be interested in are: What's the ratio of registered site visitors to unregistered site visitors. Of the 177 people who never posted, what's the average length of time since their last visit? How many of them only logged in once or twice then never again?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
most that never posted signed up atleast a month or more back

when i get bored again near a comp ill figure out how many have been her a month with out posting

the funny thing it why register and then not post you can read everything except the off topic area and even use the search with out being a member

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
DavidK said:
Or maybe they read the post about someone using their &^%#$* to catch yellow perch and figured that we're too hard core for them.
Well, I don't see why "diddling for perch" would intimidate anybody. After all, I figure a REAL man would be going after MUSKIES.

Back to topic, I think there are a lot of people who just get a charge out of joining things. They land on the web site, see they can sign up, and just do it. I don't know why. But they don't come back, because they are out there surfing around, signing up on other sites. Which they will never come back to, either.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm hadnt though of that aspect

diddling for perch thats even more manly than noddling for cats

you may have started a new sport

had a buddy catch a craw with his "sac" took vise gripes to get it off does that count as diddling?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
Well, I don't see why "diddling for perch" would intimidate anybody.  After all, I figure a REAL man would be going after MUSKIES.
that hurts just thinking about it. I bet the perch made you giggle like a school girl though. either that or you felt pretty violated.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Alrighty, this is getting outta control. I'm feeling like I should start moderating, but can't stop laughing.

Ken??

·
Registered
163 Posts
All I can think about is that scene from the movie "Stand By Me" when the boys were in a lake or creek and got leaches in their paints. I tried leaches as bait once, but that image just stuck...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Bait leeches are different from suck your blood type leeches...

·
Registered
943 Posts
ive signed up for other groups that sounded cool but have always went back to cancel when i didnt like them. but this is such a great forum i dont understand. but at least we got lurkergirl to post at least once ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts