Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

i won some new stuff

804 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  explodedlad 
#1 ·
so last Monday I won a brand new reddington pursuit 5wt rod lamson konic real and a pair of korker muddy ducker boots and they lined up the reel with some high end line so I am a bit of a happy camper so what are your thoughts about the rod and reel

#2 ·
Nice, Congrats!

I really know nothing about Reddinton rods. I have those Korker boots and I love them.

As for reels, I think that about anything that holds line is good. In fly fishing, you are the drag mostly, so the reel is up to you. I have friends who don't do the finger drag thing, so they get high end reels. I don't. It's a personal preference.

The important thing in fly fishing (IMO) is the rod, the line and the fly. Everything after that is a personal preference.

Enjoy!!

#8 ·
I have the pursuit in a 6wt, mainly for nymphing and tossing very large streamers. It is an absolutely fantastic rod, I love it. I say you got a killer deal, and I'm jealous because I had to pay for mine. Out of my 7 fly rods, I use the pursuit the most. I can't comment on the reel or boots because I have something different. But the rod is killer! Nice score

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.