Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these? I just ordered a 6-pack. Gonna try them at Horsetooth when they come in. I never catch anything at Horsetooth so it will be a good test. Hopefully not a waste of money. LOL

·
Registered
349 Posts
Has anyone tried these? I just ordered a 6-pack. Gonna try them at Horsetooth when they come in. I never catch anything at Horsetooth so it will be a good test. Hopefully not a waste of money. LOL

View attachment 32091
I have not used those, but if you want my honest opinion those look like a lure designed to catch fisherman. At Horsetooth you can not go wrong with a Ned rig for the Smallies.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Throw that for pike and you shall get a nice one!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Horsetooth is a killer fishery man. You must be doing something wrong if you’re not catching fish at all. When I went to school up there I fished it every day and caught a TON of really nice fish up there...and some days caught a bunch. If you want some good info PM me. September can be ridiculously good for walleye. Walk down to the rocky shorelines and throw big jerkbaits and you’ll get some nice fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Horsetooth is a killer fishery man. You must be doing something wrong if you’re not catching fish at all. When I went to school up there I fished it every day and caught a TON of really nice fish up there...and some days caught a bunch. If you want some good info PM me. September can be ridiculously good for walleye. Walk down to the rocky shorelines and throw big jerkbaits and you’ll get some nice fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I've caught one measly rainbow there in the last 5 years. Thanks for the tip. I'll try that for sure!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not used those, but if you want my honest opinion those look like a lure designed to catch fisherman. At Horsetooth you can not go wrong with a Ned rig for the Smallies.
Yeah it definitely caught me! LOL I'm going to try it at Standley lake this afternoon. It just got delivered.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I tried the lures at Standley Lake at the inlet and the boat dock. I got skunked. Not even a nibble. The lures look life like. Not use to fishing from shore. I’m usually on a boat. Gonna try them again at Lake Pueblo this weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts