Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
was out there saturday and the ice was rotting. this cold front will help but id give it to mid week before going out. as for the fishing ,i was out there last sunday and it was good for stocker trout. small rainbows that need to grow!also with this new snow be careful !alot of people think snow is good but its just the opposite. snow insulates the ice so if it was thin before the snow came it will take longer to thicken up.

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
We were there saturday right off pelican point. Caught many little bows and several perchies. Caught an excellent buzz also! Did not see anyone else till almost dark-

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
We were there saturday right off pelican point. Caught many little bows and several perchies. Caught an excellent buzz also! Did not see anyone else till almost dark-
Slayer...at BC? You've got to be kidding me!!!!

·
Banned
2,918 Posts
I was there Saturday on the way home from Antero picking up my annual pass. Ranger said the ice was safe a few weeks ago, but it is no longer safe.

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
We fished little soda lake b4 the ranger kicked us off. Then we fished Big Soda for a couple hours, nada. Ice was from 6" to 0". Then fished BC used a log to bridge the open water directly by the Handicap pier. A solid 6" once you got out there.

Thats ice fishing!

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
splatteman said:
I hope it is truly safe by this weekend. I'd like to take my kids out on friday or saturday. Slayer, did you catch any smallmouth? Any of the perch keepers? Thanks.
No smallies. Perch ranged from 8-9.5". Well, prolly closer to 9". ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts