Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know the condition of dowdy? I would love to go up there this weekend. It is the one lake I've had good ice fishing success with and would like to have some success on my first trip of the year.

· Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'm going to dowdy on sat. My girlfriend wants to cut down a xmas tree this year and the cutting site is right by red feather. So hopefully I can fish early and get a tree later in the day before I have to go to work. It will be her first time ice fishing so that will be intersting. I'll try some of the micro nymphs and the tube jigs and see if I can get some action. I bought a tip up I can't wait to use, I know they are not usually used for stocker trout but I'm itching to try it. Any one else heading up there?

· Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just a quick look around my living room right now:

5 twenty gallon rubbermaid storage boxes
3 ice rods with reels and strung up for Sat
6 empty ice rods
6 reels of my spinning gear waiting to go on formentioned rods
1 tip up, set and ready to go (this is new this year I'm excited)
1 large takle box with all my old ice takle plus the 100 plus dollars of new takle I purchased on one trip to each Bass Pro and Sportsmans (it's amazing how a cart full of hooks and stuff adds up)
1 bag filled with stuff I bought on e-bay to cath bass that some one told me I can use to catch fish through ice
1 pair winter boots
1 pair heavier winter boots
A enormus pile of clothes with tags reading waterproof, fleece, down, capaline, ect.. (pile is almost as large as couch)
1 sled
1 ice auger

Not to mention all warm water spinning takle that is in proccess of going in ice fishing stuffs spot in storage closet. Also large pile of fly fishing gear taken out of car to be put in closet (but in front, tailwaters on cold days are ok by me)

Also I just noticed pile of monofiliment line clippings at my feet from stringing up before mentioned poles.

Sorry about the long post my eyes hurt from staring at and sorting what seems like a million  1/1,000,000 jigs. I hope by the end of the night there is not a six inch hole in the carpet.  But I can't say for sure my arm has been making vertical jigging motions on it's own for about a day now.

The pile of clothes is looking mighty comfy about now think I'll take a break.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.