Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
lol
Sounds like a little ice fishing showdown at Dowdy Saturday! Looking forward to the trip My son who is 12 has restrung all the poles got the clothes ready and has been checking the weather forcast every two hours. Dont know who is more excited Him or Me!
I drive a Green Expedition and usually fish between the boat ramp and the big boulders.
Gonna make a trip to the sportsman tomorrow just to make sure they dont have anything i cant live without this season lol.

Tight Lines and Bent Rods!
Grizz

· Registered
935 Posts
Hatchmaster said:
I hear you.  I think I've re-organized my stuff three times.  I've even put on all my clothes just to make sure it all still fits.  Can't wait till dowdy sat morning!
I just finished patching all the slices I made in my cheap snowpants by brushing them against my auger blade last year. I would think I had been careful and avoided the slices, but my wife kept finding them. I've had all my ice gear in the car for over a week now, since hitting Chambers after Turkeyday. I want more.

· Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just a quick look around my living room right now:

5 twenty gallon rubbermaid storage boxes
3 ice rods with reels and strung up for Sat
6 empty ice rods
6 reels of my spinning gear waiting to go on formentioned rods
1 tip up, set and ready to go (this is new this year I'm excited)
1 large takle box with all my old ice takle plus the 100 plus dollars of new takle I purchased on one trip to each Bass Pro and Sportsmans (it's amazing how a cart full of hooks and stuff adds up)
1 bag filled with stuff I bought on e-bay to cath bass that some one told me I can use to catch fish through ice
1 pair winter boots
1 pair heavier winter boots
A enormus pile of clothes with tags reading waterproof, fleece, down, capaline, ect.. (pile is almost as large as couch)
1 sled
1 ice auger

Not to mention all warm water spinning takle that is in proccess of going in ice fishing stuffs spot in storage closet. Also large pile of fly fishing gear taken out of car to be put in closet (but in front, tailwaters on cold days are ok by me)

Also I just noticed pile of monofiliment line clippings at my feet from stringing up before mentioned poles.

Sorry about the long post my eyes hurt from staring at and sorting what seems like a million  1/1,000,000 jigs. I hope by the end of the night there is not a six inch hole in the carpet.  But I can't say for sure my arm has been making vertical jigging motions on it's own for about a day now.

The pile of clothes is looking mighty comfy about now think I'll take a break.

· Registered
935 Posts
I drove up to Red Feather this afternoon and found Parvin and West Lakes are solid and fishable. Dowdy is probably 85-90% iced, with some open water near the islands and near the Eastern side of the dam. I fished for an hour in the Northwest corner in one of my favorite spots. Apparently someone else favorite spot, too - used their holes. I estimate the ice in that area was about 3-4" thick, solid and unmoving. Weather was windy and snow starting around 2:30. I'll post in reports on what I caught :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.