Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the deal. I have an older Eskimo power auger with curved chipper blades. These blades are no longer available, I can get regular curved blades but that is it from Eskimo. I have read that Strikemaster curved chipper blades will fit my auger but I don't want to shell out the money for them if they won't fit. Anybody have any experience with his blade change, or should I just go with the regular curved blades that Eskimo sells?

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
You might go do a search on iceshanty.com.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hope you found what you're looking for new blades are expansive it's almost like they want you to buy a new auger.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Before I went to my ION auger I had an old Eskimo Barracuda auger. Thing was a pain in the butt. I also had a hard time finding blades for it. Fortunately I found an individual here in Montrose who sharpens blades. Wasn't that expensive and kept me able to use the Eskimo for a few years until I finally had enough of the non-starting beast. Point is, find someone who sharpens knives, scissors, etc and I bet they will do ice blades as well. At least it is worth a try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an older 10 inch Eskimo auger with spare blades that I am going to sell. It probably has the blades you are looking for. Contact me if interested.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Roland at Bass Pro shop(Nortfield) in the cutlery station up stairs sharpens auger blades for a good price. Just a note from me, I haven't used the resharpened blades yet, so I can't vouch for their quality, but the blades that he did for me are smooth and razor sharp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts