Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife hooked into this bad boy, on a live minnow, off the bottom! What are the chances. I helped her land it, put up a great fight. Tasted awesome! Used my new electric knife to shave some fillets right off. Even found some tenderloins on him.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also we (I) lost a a grey gander mountain rod bag that contained 1/3 of my ice rods. Fell off my sled at Boyd near the Heron Ramp (on the ice or in the mud pits). I'd love to get it back if anyone found it!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
You know, Bradfish06 is a fine name... albeit a tad boring. Hatchetfish is cool, man!!!

And yes, I'm jealous of the tasty kitty!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah. I like catfish nuggets too... :biggrin1:
My thought exactly. I chopped the fillets up before frying them anyway - do the same thing with walleye. It cooks better that way.

But yeah that was the first fish with the electric knife and it sounds like you massacre a couple before you get it down. Supposed to make perch and crappie a breeze though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You know, Bradfish06 is a fine name... albeit a tad boring. Hatchetfish is cool, man!!!

And yes, I'm jealous of the tasty kitty!
Lol it happens to be my last name, so sorry I couldn't church it up! Im just happy enough that I got "fish" in my name for life ha!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BTW are we now stooping to the level of insulting someone's fillet because we are jealous of their catch? If so I'm gonna start calling out all the guys harvesting buckets of 7 inch perch. You are the reason these lakes don't have quality fish in them.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
BTW are we now stooping to the level of insulting someone's fillet because we are jealous of their catch? If so I'm gonna start calling out all the guys harvesting buckets of 7 inch perch. You are the reason these lakes don't have quality fish in them.
No, we're roasting you because:

A) The internet

B) That really was a hatchet job on that fish

C) You're the new [eh-hem "Fish"]

That being said, "Gimmie yo cocktail fruit!"

:D:D:D

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
They are razzing you because you were inefficient at removing all of the meat from the feesh. Really inefficient.

But, this is where the healing begins. We all have botched fillets before, it's part of the learning process. My best advice to you is to use youtube for a quick touch up on how to fillet the fish you just harvested.

There are often different approaches to carving up different species of fish, so it can be beneficial to watch some hick master slice into his 2,859th channel cat right before you fire up that electric blade and bury it into the stomach and femoral artery of your 1st (giving you the benefit of doubt).

:thumb:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts