Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Santa brought me all my Ice fishing equ.and I mean everything,now I need to know where to go and try it out.
thank's guys.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Way to go Elvis! Now all we need is some ice! I am heading to Neb. to fish up there, but PM me in a week and we'll figure something out!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
if you want to go somewhere close go to golden gate ponds , you can catch alot of stocker trout or brookies , you can also catch suckers and keep um for lake trout, good luck

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Elvis I think all the lakes around loveland and the fort are going to have questionable ice. I was wondering about red feather as well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dowdy will have good ice, NO one wants to go to John tomorrow so I will probably head to Dowdy. If you fish by the damn get in about 15-17' of water, Use a light green ratso or green jig. Tip with a healthy meal worm make sure to pinch it so the juice flows drop to bottom raise up about 3" off bottom or about two cranks on the real and watch for just a light tug or tightening of the line and have fun.. Probably see ya there.

Tight Lines and bent Rods!
Grizz

·
Registered
22 Posts
How does a guy get to Golden Gate Ponds?  Is that the road around Rocky Flats - 93?  Thanks for the directions in advance. I want to take my little nephew.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Directions - Take Highway 93 north from Golden one mile to Golden Gate Canyon Road. Turn left and continue for 13 miles to the park. , this is directions to golden gate, good luck man , use worms, most people fish kriley the big pond but i like slough i caught lots of rainbows when i was there awhile back

·
Registered
935 Posts
Dowdy is the place to go from Fort Collins, Elvis.  I was up on the Red Feathers today.  Ice was solid and 12" thick.  Not a problem at all.  Perfect place to check out your new equipment. That's actually what I was doing. I set up my new fishfinder and used it to identify, target and capture a fish at Parvin Lake. I saw it appear on the flasher about 4' under the ice, pulled my jig up to that level, worked it a little, and BAM!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O.K. I 'going to Dowdy,first,and on my way home I stop at Parvin,look for a silver Nissan,Frontiere,ELVIS-IPlates in the parking lot.I we wearing a red wool head and a green army jacked,see you on the ice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts