Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me crazy, but.......

I have a wicked awesome x67c that I love. It has the ice transducer and works immaculately for ice fishing.

If I had a float tube... or an aluminum boat... or even was sitting on a dock over deep water.... could my ice transducer work?

I'm not trolling or whatever... Just straight up sitting and vertical jigging, even with ice rods.

Anyone tried this before? Is there a significant difference in cone width between the open-water transducer and the ice transducer? I don't want to buy a bow mount if I'm just sitting in a jon boat with an electric trolling motor. Thoughts??

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2LBn6V-qmo

This is a video of someone using a Showdown on a dock. I wonder with the side-scrolling nature of the x67 (I prefer this display to the flasher mode) if the dock supports or posts would show up as clutter or interfere with the accuracy of the reading. I might just head out to Washington Park and give it a shot.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I am sure it is less than ideal... But WAY better than nothing!! I've used my HDS-5 with the ice ducer a # of time in my friends little bass hunter.. And i used it just 2 days ago on my toon.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
According to Vexilar, the rubber on the ice ducer cord is a softer compound designed for cold temps, very easy to cut if you use it during warmer weather. It will work fine but if you damage your cord don't say I didn't warn ya. :) (I repaired mine with rubber cement and that worked fine).

They sell a kit for your boat that includes a gimbel mount etc.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I have a portable suction cup type that works well and I take it to Canada etc. not sure how it would work or mount on a toon.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
I've used my vex while fishing on my toon. Works really good!

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
It isnt Goons barge thats key here its his combo crocs/flippers/lawn aerators that he wears for propulsion!...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts