Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,
I am on my way with the family to our cabin in Grand Lake. Ussually the week is spent snowmobiling to Lake Granby for some Ice fishing. Sounds like that is not going to happen this year. SO long story short. Has anybody on the forum rabbit hunted in Grand county before? I have seen rabbits on Road 3 at parshall. Can that be hunted? Any information on the area is much apprecciated!.
Thank you,
Brian

·
Registered
676 Posts
Find the GMU for the area you're interested in, locate the GMU on the interactive map on the DOW website http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/GMUnitMaps.htm

Look for state wildlife areas or state trust lands then look up their name on the land/water section of the DOW website to find out if hunting for small game is permitted. National forest land should allow small game hunting. Be warned that the maps may not tell you for certain where public and private land is.

I just bought a new 22 mag and plan on trying to hunt for snow shoe hare or cotton tails somewhere around walden in a few weeks. If anyone else has any info on rabbit or hare hunting where a 22 mag would be safe, please let me know. I live in Longmont. Good luck and let me know if you find a place. I've seen a bunch of hares near walden on the way to Lake John.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I use a 22 on the planes. I will probably bring the 2 and the 410 on this one
Happy fishing and hunting!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts