Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed over to Bunea Vista this morning to fish Cottonwood Lake and Clear Creek Reservoir. I was the only one and first one at both lakes. Both have between 2 and 3 feet of ice with no sign of spring yet. Caught three small rainbows at Cottonwood. Usually this time of year, I catch some preety big spawners. Not today. Then went to Clear Creek. Caught eight rainbows, kept three that were gut hooked. Got them on orange, one pole and pink, other pole shrimpos, with wax worms. Ice should be good at these two lakes for another three weeks. Marked alot of fish at both lakes with the fish/depth finder.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I should hit Clear Creek while it has ice on it, I fished it a couple times seen fish everywhere jumping and doing whatever but always have a hard time getting them to bite. Maybe with a lid on they cant see me and cant jump to tease me.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Toward the inlet...About 100 feet out from shore...Four to eight feet of water...Chartruese Rat finkee...#10 tipped with rainbow Power Bait...Produced about 75 Bows and Cut bows two years ago... FOr whatever it's worth..daughter iced 5 pound cutbow. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts