Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to start ice fishing this year for the first time and need an auger...i was wondering which is more common to get the 8" blade or 10"? any help would be great! thanks

·
Registered
412 Posts
Personally I like to watch the action while I`m in the shelter...........that`s half the fun. I drill 4 10" holes and sit back and watch the action. Unless I`m fishing deep for macks I enjoy the show below.

Racer

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
if going power, go with the max 10" but if sticking with hand augers i would go with small, like 6 inch

·
Registered
196 Posts
I vote 10" for power and 8" for manual. But the 6" manual will be a little easier on you drillin holes if you plan on drill lots of them IMO.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Gander will pricematch anything...Bought mine there when BPS had on sale Gander price matched no questions asked...After that experience I will be loyal to Gander until death I think....Check them out!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Where is Gander? I know where BPS, Sportsmans, Discount, and jax all are..... Just never came across gander since i moved out here.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Ill stop by on Sunday when I get back into town. What do power augers start around at? I borrowed a 8inch manual last winter and wouldn't mind having a power one.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Gotcha....Sounds like a little more than I'd like to spend right now. Do you carry the NILS 8" hand auger by chance?

Any recomendations on weather I should get a 6" or 8" one?

Thanks for the advice. I appreaciate it.

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Go for the 8inch man...Gander has the Strikemaster Mora Hand Auger for $39

1 - 20 of 33 Posts