Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Ice fishing auger question

4K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  Walking Eagle 
#1 ·
I am going to start ice fishing this year for the first time and need an auger...i was wondering which is more common to get the 8" blade or 10"? any help would be great! thanks

#5 ·
if going power, go with the max 10" but if sticking with hand augers i would go with small, like 6 inch

#23 ·
k0diak said:
Go for the 8inch man...Gander has the Strikemaster Mora Hand Auger for $39
Sounds like a great price and it'll leave me some extra cash I was looking to spend for other fishing toys to play with.

So is Gander in the springs? I was thinking denver area last night but now realize that may not be the case. If it is in the springs.... Is there a way I could just order it and have it shipped?

#24 ·
lambdebois said:
k0diak said:
Go for the 8inch man...Gander has the Strikemaster Mora Hand Auger for $39
Sounds like a great price and it'll leave me some extra cash I was looking to spend for other fishing toys to play with.

So is Gander in the springs? I was thinking denver area last night but now realize that may not be the case. If it is in the springs.... Is there a way I could just order it and have it shipped?
They have one in Aurora and Thornton I believe.

Wish we had one in the Springs ::) :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.