Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ice fishing buddy and have used it for a couple years.  I wouldn't go fishing without it if I'm using bait.  I was wondering if any of you use one.   They are made in the Springs.   I went to his house and bought it.  Going to his house saved me the shipping.
http://www.fishingbs.netmegs.com/ice.html
I like to use mine on northerns.   It also works good on trout.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
looks like an expensive tipup, I like setting my own hook. And once the fish is on unless it wsims down it has a good chance to throw the hook.

M

·
0 Posts
ya its just a tipu8p variation, but im willing to try anything, ill try a regular old tip up first, the only concern is that sometimes the hits are so subtle, how sensitive are the devices?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can make it very sensitive or you can make it hard to set off.   I like to use it when I jig with 1 pole and bait with the other.   Some times I think the jig draws the fish in and they take the bait.   I have caught a lot of fish with mine.   I think it is better than dead sticking.   A tipup has no pole so I can't compare it to a tipup.   Any way I have a lot of fun with mine.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Mustang said:
ya its just a tipu8p variation, but im willing to try anything, ill try a regular old tip up first, the only concern is that sometimes the hits are so subtle, how sensitive are the devices?
Not JUST a tip-up variation. If it sets the hook well, you might not have hook swallowing that you do when you don't get to your tipup right away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts