Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made it to Dillon this morning with my partner Nick, and we found 9 inches of ice over the river. We fished at a depths of 4 and 10 feet, used pink jigs tipped with shrimp, crawdads or crawlers. We iced two stocker trout on a crawdad tail and on Shrimp and, 6 Kokes on pink jigs; two Kokes were snagged with a weighted treble hook. We had a good time but for us, the fishing was slow.

I met Mark and Scott from Aurora, out on the ice. They were busy icing Kokes with mealies and vertical jigging; they had the right technique, right bait and the right spot.
They were fishing about 4 feet from the bank in 4 feet of water

There were about 20 other folks on the ice, and we had a chance to talk to a couple of them while we were there. I mentioned our forum, Coloradofisherman.com, and to my surprise three of them related that they routinely read the board for fishing info. I asked if they were members and they related they were not. Why not says I? It's free!

It's free they say? Yes says I!! Join the forum, I tell them. You'll find the greatest and friendliest bunch of people with shared interest in fishing. Have you seen the new magazine? Yeah says one of them, did you buy one? A hesitant nah... I had fun talking it up, and I made a mess of new friends. Mark, Scott, Dave if you see this post tonight... Sign-up and join in on the fun... we don't bite, but we'll tell you were the fish do!

Pete

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i was there friday with atownbasser, and him and his friend caught 6 and i only caught one , i had some bad luck , ill be back up there sometime next weekend

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I was there today I was the one who caught the sucker. I think you were still there I also caught a couple of rainbows but no kokes. I think I was fishing to deep.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Me and a buddy were catching kokanee there on friday and saw kokaneekingfrom this forum. It was a blast. I would target the kokanee in about 8 foot of water near the shore.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, there was quite a crowd on the ice, I wish I had brought my camera to post some pics. Dave the bows were small stockers 13".

Mustang, or anyone else that has the fever to get on the ice before the outing, you're welcome to join me. PM me with a phone number, and we can try and car pool or head up at the same time. I live in Littleton, 5 minutes from Chatfield Res. I'm going to try and get out again on Saturday, may try a different lake, gotta keep it interesting.

For those of you who remember BigBrown, he sends his regards. He and some friends came down to the Snake River and onto the ice midday for a break from their Elk hunt. He may try and make it to the Granby ice fishing gathering.

Epic, can you post a new thread to lock in the actual ice fishing gathering dates for Granby and Elevenmile? Perhaps place the dates in the Subject Line, so it'll be an easy find, and to eliminate confusion for guests that may wander onto the forum and wish to attend?

YEAH ice fishing season has arrived!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts