Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Associated Press:

NASA today announced their most ambitious project to date. For several years scientists have speculated that there might be some form of life under the ice sheet that cover's Jupitors largest moon Europa? Scientists believe that under the ice lies the largest ocean ever discovered on another planet. On May 15th 2011 Nasa plans to send a manned rover to the surface of Europa to try to sample the water column below for signs of life.

Who might be dumb enough to volunteer for this almost sure suicide mission? Two guesses 8)

Dr. Nathan Daniels the head of this until now top secret mission. Has spent the last two years looking for someone with the unique skill set required for this mission. We were looking for someone who could drill holes quickly, then quickly determine if life is present and capture it.

We had discussions on the possibility of using chimps to carry out the mission. But we decided that chimps are much to valuable and way to intelligent to venture out on very questionable ice! So we chose these two guys ;D

When asked if either men were concerned about the very suicidal nature of this long journy? Dr. Nathan said "you know once they heard there were so size or creel limits on Europa, the subject never came up"

Another unique aspect of this project is that it will be NASAs first privately funded space project. We looked for corporate sponsors who wanted to increase their brand exposure in space and were flush with "Bailout money". So far we have AIG, Chrysler, Chase Banks, Acorn, Jack Daniels, MySpace and the Colorado DOW on board!

When asked why the Colorado DOW would want to sponsor this mission? We recieved this prompt answer from the new head of the DOW Ice Vein.

"After comparing the set cost of jettising these two clowns into outer space versus the projected cost of restocking South Park! It was a no brainer for the tax payers of Colorado ;D

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
That was a good one Neal :D :D thing is I would due it too. . If this trip happens I'm a little fuzzy on a few things, is Ice going (talk about a trip killer.) If he does its safe to say he gets pushed out near Uranus ;D

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trout said:
That was a good one Neal :D :D thing is I would due it too. . If this trip happens I'm a little fuzzy on a few things, is Ice going (talk about a trip killer.) If he does its safe to say he gets pushed out near Uranus ;D
Thats your call! You are the pilot ;)

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SLAYERFISH said:
Hell yeah! KILL, KILL, KILL!!!
Kraz and I both searched for a photo of you and Trout together last ice season to no avail. But you guys always fish together, so one of you are always holding the camera?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts