Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I cant remember if this happened last year or not, but since at the end of each summer there is the Tubes & Toons tournament/get together why not have an annual ice fishing get together? We could call it Huts & Buckets :D or something clever. Ice fishing is a more social type of fishing anyways so the opportunity to actually interact with and fish with our fellow CF's would be greater.

I predict that we will have a killer ice season and that there will be a far greater % of us out fishing this winter on the ice, even those that dont do it frequently. Hence the opportunity to meet more of our fellow CF's. And if people can still catch fish with a thousand of them hanging out together like that Chinese video than 10-60 of us spread out on a smaller lake like Aurora should be fine.

What does everyone think?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ice is coming for sure. I have to go to Granby on a regular basis and the lake is just wanting to ice over it is awesome.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's right! The Toilet Bowl. I forgot about that. I will have to try and make it this year. Where is it? Usually in the mountains? Maybe we could plan a sister event in the metro area?

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
chefaaron said:
That's right! The Toilet Bowl. I forgot about that. I will have to try and make it this year. Where is it? Usually in the mountains? Maybe we could plan a sister event in the metro area?
There was get together planned for Aurora last February if I remember right, but the ice melted.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
chefaaron said:
Dang Global Warming!!! Well maybe this year we will have better luck.
Leaving my car running in the driveway helped last year...going to get the wife to leave hers running too...and we might have open water all year down here!... ;D ;)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
zman said:
chefaaron said:
Dang Global Warming!!! Well maybe this year we will have better luck.
Leaving my car running in the driveway helped last year...going to get the wife to leave hers running too...and we might have open water all year down here!... ;D ;)
:D :mad:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Someone needs to pick up one of these, I would but I already have way more stuff than a sane human being should drag onto the ice without mechanical assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts