Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been suffering fishing withdraws.. :p I fished hardwater once the week before Thanksgiving, and then once last week.. :-\ If you know me, I need to get out a LOT more than that!

So when Jevan wanted to go on Monday, my wife didn't even protest :D

I'll give one clue to where we were . . .
[img]
I'm afraid if I give out more info, the fishing there will go down the toiletbowl ;)
[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd265/jamesfs/009_crop.jpg
if anyone recognizes the lake :-* keep it secret sucker :D

The fishing was actually pretty slow, but we got into some mediocre stockers

JWurgaft caught a nice Cuttbow (Always nice fishing with you Jevan, let's walk on water again soon!)

and I caught a decent Rainbow (a Fiska jig with a Little Atom plastic, and a litttle luck from my Fishful Thinker hat)

I was just glad to get out

I didn't see any wildlife on this trip, so I'll post some Bighorn pictures from the Big Thompson I took earlier this month..

I Hope you all have a

·
P I K E
10,082 Posts
Sweet guys, way to get out and have fun!!! Love your pic threads James, Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and the family!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sweet Post James! I love that lake very much. I had my first Ice Fishing trip and first Bow through the ice there. Many great days and memories there... thanks for posting

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Cool James/Jwurgaft!! Merry Christmas to you & your families too...

D.J.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Good fishin' with you James. Thanks for the replies guys. I hope no one named the lake in this report. Although the clue you posted was dead give away ;). We got to go again soon!Tight lines.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
BOTTOM FEEDER said:
James, Outstanding report & photos. I too am starting to get cabin/spring fever. THIS IS THE YEAR FOR MY 1ST M.A. Didn't I say that last year for a N.Pike? Notice I didn't specify a species? BOTTOM FEEDER! 8)

Ron you got to get out on the ice with us this season...you would have had a blast last week!

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
elkdeerbear said:
Is that between Lake U and Y? ??? Merry Christmas James.
A picture of Red Feathers, "West of x, and The Fishful Thinker hat (Chad did a show at the RF lake the bigger fish were caught at ;)

Biggie Smalls said:
Awesome. Glad you got to get out of the house. Those sheep's eyes look so satanic. Are they just on the road licking Mag. Chloride?
Unfortunatly, yeah.. :(

Stan6 said:
Still hands down the best reports ever! Thanks for sharing your day fellas!! ;D
I really appreciate that Stan (your posts were some of the main ones that made me decide to start posting again over here a couple of years ago, and I'm always hoping to match your unskunked ice streak ;D)

Ron, you'll get that MA!

Thanks everyone!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts