Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked these up a couple of weeks ago and thought some other folks on the forum might be interested. From what I can gather, the guy that makes them is out of Canon City. He's got a few of them on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/metal-ice-fishing-rod-holders_W0QQitemZ250759020462QQihZ015QQcategoryZ36152QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've used my set twice and I think they're great - much sturdier than the wire rod holders and a lot more convenient than the rod holders that sit on a bucket.

They fold up really nice as well.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I bought some of those too, I like supporting the local guy. I do need to figure out a way to make it stay open, I had to use both hands and a foot to put it down and keep it from closing.

·
Banned
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what you mean by put it down and keep it from closing?

My don't close - you either open it or close it. It doesn't move on it's own - there's nothing automatic about it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I got some from BPS that screw into the ice, work better than any others i've tried, but those look like they'd do the trick and be easier to move.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It only seems to happen with one of them, the legs are so loose that if I have it out of level at all one of the legs will close. It wouldn't have been much of an issue if there wasn't 4" of slush. When I pushed the holder down to the ice, the legs would start closing and the holder would fall over. I just need to make a little crimp and it will be everything I need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts