Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at sportsmans warehouse on Monday and found a flyer abput a seminar (ICE FISHING)  being held by TERRY WICKSTROM on tuesday DEC 6 at 6 ish.    can't remember if its 6 or 6:30

·
Registered
16,504 Posts
I dont wanta bash the guy,but I watched an ice fishing show of his on the tube and they were using 7 ft rods.Ridiculous!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Sorry Havnt found the time to put December Events together, sick and the holidays kind of forgot about it. Here are the Sportsman's Warehouse Ice fishing seminars for December.
BASICS OF ICE FISHING
Description: Join Terry Wickstrom and learn the basics of ice fishing local reservoirs and high mountain lakes.
Date: December 3rd, Saturday
Time: 1:00pm - untill finished
Tel./Email: 970-461-5000
[email protected]
Store Link: Loveland
FREE ICE FISHING SEMINAR
Description: Outdoor writer, TV and radio host, Terry Wickstrom will present a comprehensive seminar on ice fishing. Topics will include fish location, presentations, local waters, and the fundamental prinicples of successful ice fishing.
Date: December 8th, Thursday
Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Tel./Email: 720-858-1800
[email protected]
Store Link: Aurora
ICE FISHING SEMINAR WITH LYNN ENSLEY!
Description: Learn all the secrets, hotspots, tips, and techniques of Ice Fishing on the Western Slope! Lynn Ensley, long time Western Slope native and local "go-to" pro, will give a seminar for all you hard water enthusiasts! Whether your a beginner, or long time Ice Fisherman, This is one seminar you will not want to miss! Prizes and giveaways will be there, so don't miss it!
Date: December 10th, Saturday
Time: 1:00 pm until finished
Tel./Email: 970-243-8100
[email protected]
Store Link: Grand Junction

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Since you said the 6th you might want to call and make sure the date didnt change on you or on me.

·
Registered
217 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
I dont wanta bash the guy,but I watched an ice fishing show of his on the tube and they were using 7 ft rods.Ridiculous!
Terry's a good guy. I don't always agree with what he says, but then a lot of people don't agree with what I say, either! Why he would be using 7' rods would be interesting to know ???

I went to one of his seminars at Sportsmans in Loveland, can't remember if it was last year or year before. It was pretty typical fisherman sales-pitch stuff. I chatted with him for about 20 minutes afterward while he was packing up, and got the best info from him. He was knowledgable and genuinely nice and wanting to be helpful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rechecked my info like you suggested and found out that it is indeed the 6th of Dec. at 6:30 P.M.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Some angler who are serious and targetting big lake trout use longer rods. Easier to jig aggressively, get a good hook set, and have more rod to flex to keep a tight line on a surging fish.

I use an intermediate-sized rod for my laker fishing.

JH - I'm with you on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts