Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been ice fishing in a year or two. We have 4 rods (if you include a emrod and a scooby doo fishing rod which honestly has caught way more fish than the others) and a manual auger. I've never ice-fished in the denver metro area, and I'm planning to once theirs ice and once we come back from new york. We live right by cherry creek reservoir and I was wondering if there's ice yet. If there isn't any ice then were is the closest place that has safe ice. Also, any suggestions as to what to buy. We've always bought waxies, mealies, and minnows but ended up feeding the waxies and mealies to our lizards and minnows to our fish.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Check the reports. Plus, make sure you check the regs on where you can use live minnows. Pretty much can't use them alive in the mnts.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Go to Georgetown. lots of safe ice and you only need the minimal tackle there.

and if you are fishing in the hills... make sure your minnows are dead.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
jpt1016 said:
Is it productive to fish georgetown without a fish finder or sonar thingy?
Sure. You really only need a sonar if you're targeting lake trout and walleyes, at least that's my opinion.

·
Registered
297 Posts
jpt1016 said:
What jigs/lures should I bring to Georgetown?
small teardrop jigs or the ones I mentioned to you via pm will work great. tip them with waxworms, mealies, spikes or nightcrawlers. georgetown fish aren't picky.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just bought a panfish kit from jammin jigs and will be going to bass pro to pick up some of the stuff you pmed me about
F.F Woodycooks said:
jpt1016 said:
What jigs/lures should I bring to Georgetown?
small teardrop jigs or the ones I mentioned to you via pm will work great. tip them with waxworms, mealies, spikes or nightcrawlers. georgetown fish aren't picky.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts