Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone up for some ice fishing this weekend? I've got a few spots in mind within about 2 hours of glenwood springs, either west or east depending. Ice is probably gonna be kinda thin, so I'd like to have someone nearby for safety reasons. Also willing to fish somewhere else if you've got a spot in mind.

Chaz

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Yes, Yes there are.

Good luck getting someone to give up a perch spot though ;D
Ah, it's all good... I'd take gills or sunnies too... crappie.... any kind of slab.

As far as perch go, they were my favorite fish to catch in Texas... So freakin' many of em and they were the tastiest drink at the party HANDS DOWN...

The black crappie were good too... =)

*And no sweat. I don't blame people for not wanting to be too... chatty about their perch. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any good perch ice-fisheries in the Metro area? =) Might be fun on a warm-ish day to hit the ice with the boy and look for abandoned holes. =)
I'm not very familiar with icing the metro area, even though I lived there most of my life. There's plenty of info to be found though if you search the site a bit!

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking for a decent deal on an auger. Found a nice hut at Sportsmans, found a fish TV at a pawn shop last week
I'm hoping to get a power auger this season, it really sucks drilling through 2' of ice with an 8" mora.

I wish I could meet up with u Chaz, but this weekend is booked. But I'll have to get out West at least one weekend this season!
The good lakes will be icing up soon, I can't wait!

·
Registered
19 Posts
i am going with some friends sat. welcome to fish near us. my email is [email protected]. shot me an email. i will tell u where. should be about seven thirty time in the am. want to have light to see the ice due to thickness.

Jones

1 - 14 of 14 Posts