Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love catching Wipers in general, but through the ice is just a bit more fun especially when they start getting thicker in body mass. I need to upgrade to a 8 inch auger!

Here is the trip out. Even a bonus few carp, man those things fight through the ice!

https://youtu.be/HWVsAUvFXu8

·
Registered
98 Posts
I see one of your crew has a Livescope (?). Any thoughts on how it helped you locate the fish, or did you just fish known locations from past trips.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Nice wipey. Better than working certainly!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see one of your crew has a Livescope (?). Any thoughts on how it helped you locate the fish, or did you just fish known locations from past trips.
i know the lake very well fishing it the last 5 or so years but the live scope helps us locate crappie nicely when their hard to find.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Haven't fished there in a long time! Back in the day, they would set up cones in front of the damn, & you could only fish between the cones. Was a blast as we would catch 15-17in. wipers on Kasty's all day long. Video was great!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
:thumb: I think some of my friends were at the same lake.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I wonder if that was them behind me in the video.
Could be. The word on the street is that a lot of Asians are gonna be there this weekend... :eek::D I might even join the fun.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could be. The word on the street is that a lot of Asians are gonna be there this weekend... :eek::D I might even join the fun.
I needed a laugh brother, going through some very sad difficult time and this cracked me up. Have fun if you go. :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I love catching Wipers in general, but through the ice is just a bit more fun especially when they start getting thicker in body mass. I need to upgrade to a 8 inch auger!

Here is the trip out. Even a bonus few carp, man those things fight through the ice!

https://youtu.be/HWVsAUvFXu8

Loved the video, Never caught a wiper or carp through the ice...cool to see:thumb: Paul hmu and let me know where you guys are going next weekend, idk if I can go that far but we'll see!:)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Looks like great fun! Well done on the vid also.
Does this lake have white bass as well as wipers? I'm no expert but some of those looked like white bass to me, the lines were a little to perfect for what I've seen on wiper. They have a more broken pattern from everything I've been told. Don't matter... great trip!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like great fun! Well done on the vid also.
Does this lake have white bass as well as wipers? I'm no expert but some of those looked like white bass to me, the lines were a little to perfect for what I've seen on wiper. They have a more broken pattern from everything I've been told. Don't matter... great trip!
No white bass in there at all, maybe the angles were a bit off but they had their broken lines. It would be cool to be able to catch the white bass in there.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I needed a laugh brother, going through some very sad difficult time and this cracked me up. Have fun if you go. :)
I do try hard to entertain. But some folks take some things that I say too seriously... Glad I could inspire a chuckle and hope I things get better for you.

No white bass in there at all, maybe the angles were a bit off but they had their broken lines. It would be cool to be able to catch the white bass in there.
Right, there are no white bass in there. Just chunky fish and camera angles. I did also think some of those might be white bass the first time I saw the video.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts