Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Going catch some more Wipeys tomorrow. F*ck ice!

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Hello Scottsdale Az
Maybe 4-5 years ago standing outside at Williams Fork the high got to maybe -5 pretty much ending ice fishing for me
Just cant do the cold anymore, getting old sucks lol

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
me 5 years ago would have been the first motherfreaker to do that stupid hike up to st marys with my friends after halloween..... but after realizing that lake trout and walleye just go bonkers with that november rain and they would be easy fishing until ice shows up, i learned to embrace that tweener time. id rather fish open water until I cant, then ill ice fish.
i cant wait to move back to a warmer climate.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
WAAAAAAAYYYYY too many good days of open water left to worry about ice fishing. I'll fish late this year on open water. Still hammering fish!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ice fishing for me is a matter of exploration. See, I don't have a boat so the Ice gives me an opportunity to fish places that are out of my reach during open water. Maybe I would feel differently if I was not landlocked. :)

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Ice fishing for me is a matter of exploration. See, I don't have a boat so the Ice gives me an opportunity to fish places that are out of my reach during open water. Maybe I would feel differently if I was not landlocked. :)
Yes you would-

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
may not have to wait a few months, water is going to cool quickly with the present forecast, chatty was sixty Sunday,bet it goes another ten degrees this week

1 - 13 of 13 Posts