Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Ice Update
Wed., 11/24/10 - 8:00 pm

I've been watching Lake John all day from 150 yards away, on the hill above the lake. Wild stuff this morning — all day for that matter. Zero ice on John this morning @ 5:30 am. Frozen flats the size of football fields floating all over by 8:00 am. Totally ice covered right B-4 my eyes at 10:30 am. The temperature dropped from 10 above to 10 below in a matter of a few hours this morning. Bad news is, at dark this evening, wind gusts are blowing 40 mph plus, and snow is expected. Good news is, when I couldn't see the lake any more tonight because of darkness, the ice was still holding and not cracking or breaking up. Also, won't be surprised to see 15 - 20 below tonight. Will give update on T - Day when I get up in the morning. Ha, shouldn't be too late. Sometime tomorrow, I hope to actually see if the new ice can hold a 250-pounder for several steps. Wish me luck. May also check the Delaneys if time allows. Stay tuned.
Bill Willcox, Lake John Resort

NOTE: If you can't get to our web [www.lakejohnresort.com] to check more updates before the weekend, tune into 104.3 FM (The Fan) on Sat. 11/27/10 @ 8:00 am sharp, to hear the absolute latest on Lake John ice fishing and current North Park area lake conditions, as I inform fishing guru and TV/Radio Host Terry Wickstrom and his radio audience with the most up-to-date North Park winter fishing conditions available!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Thanks for the report. Been wanting to fish up there for years. May hafta find a way this coming season.

Stay safe and warm, man! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts