Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some pics from last season. we may not have nearly as good of fishing as you eastern colorado guys but we have some decent waters.
monster cutbow

me making out with a laker

little mack

nice mack

beautiful mack

A nice mack (sorry about pic quality)

beauty bow (lil 16" guy)

18" bow

22" northern

fat northern

pretty 16" bow

nice bow

crappie and perches

pics from ruedi, vega, crawford, and taylor. (1 from blue)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should...the weather ain't so bad when you are catching nice fish. Of course, I say that having lost 36 pounds and not having a warming layer of blubber anymore like I did that season :'( Rainbows and perch are generally more than willing to bite anything in the winter so its a fun time.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I lived by taylor I am like 3 and a half hours away lol. We usually stay 2-3 days there each winter though. Maybe not this winter :-\ stagecoach and that area will be our primary. Crawford will also be a primary 5 day trip for me. (even though it is only 1 hr or so away)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
16fttracker said:
were did you catch crappies and perch thru the ICE!!!!!!!!!
crawford.
Caught hundreds of perch last season in a few trips of up to 13". Perch ranged in size from 3-13" and averaged 6-7" for the males and 11-12" for the females.
Crappie were either 8", 12", or 15". Mostly 12". 5 or so per day but if you stay all night you can catch many more.
Caught some pike up to 26" in length, lost a few bigger ones. Had many bite offs fishing for perch with ratsos, and landed a few on the two pound test and ratsos. Tipups were best.
Lost a monstrous fish of some sort I fought for 10 minutes, I think it was a catfish.
There are some bass but we didn't target them.
Caught many stocker rainbow trout of 12-15" in length. Caught a small brooder. (17" bow full of "the juice")

1 - 7 of 7 Posts