Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G' Morning all,
FYI
I stopped at Chatfield on my way to work this morning.... with the ice auger.

At the northwest cove there was about 2 1/2 to 3 inches of ice...close to shore, maybe knee deep. I went to both dock areas at the NW cove, the west most had 2 1/2"; the ramp closer to the point had 3". I also stopped at the parking area just north of Deer Creek where there was 2 inches of ice - popped as I started drilling, great way to wake up in the morning.

Good Luck! STAY DRY!!
Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Thanks for the update. Doesn't sound like much ice formation overnight. I don't know if the water underneath is that close to freezing. Or maybe the snow on the top is insulating it a bit.

Dan

·
Registered
117 Posts
awesome report i have been diein to fish chatfield.. i didnt make it last year. i didnt hear any good stories either.. happy fishin..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
" How's it holding up?"

I went and fished it for a couple of hours yesterday. The NW boat ramp cove has around 4-5 inches of decent ice.

I also went over to Massey Draw. Only three inches over there. Not real comfortable moving around much on only three.

By the way
No fish in either place.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
anybody hit it today? I am running out there monday am probably around 730-800. Will spend a couple of hours. I am going to try the north boat cove. I will be trying to put what I learned today to good use.

If you got out there today and can give an update on the ice conditions I would appreciate it.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts