Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Small Small Small Spoons, with huge aggressive jiging frist thing in the morning progressing to small random jiging in the midday. I will not gong to tell you were but did pull out two in the 4s in the last two times I have gone. which was Tues and Thurs ice was at least eight inces thick with about 95 % of the lake hard. I am sure the closer you got to open water the thinner the ice was but, with the cold snap I am sure that it will be hard. Going again on Monday to shoot some film hope to see you all out there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fine dont belive me but I know you will go up to fish an do what I say then come back here write a report and make It sound like you just figured out the mindset of trout below the ice. see i dont care if you belive me or not. i was just trying to help the guys that have been having slow days. not to mention if we all posted a pic of every four pound fish that came out of the lake the site would be so full it would not be fun. not to mention going up monday to flim I could use a camera man maybe if you set behide a cam for a while, didnt talk and watched you might learn something or two about ice fishing.

ps congrats on the greatest rip I have seen on some report

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Wow! :eek: Whadley made a little joke and you got your knickers in a complete twist. :D That's just hilarious. I can guarantee he's taken a lot more big fish out of Antero than you, troutangler, so you might dial it down a notch or two. ;D

·
Registered
281 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about posting pictures. They are just trying to get an idea where to go anyway. If you do post pictures make sure your not giving away your spot. HA HA HA!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Who peed in your Cheerios this morning troutangler?
BTW, not that it matters, I'm not a big ice fisherman, I've gone maybe 6 times in the past 5 years. When I put up fishing reports though, I put up pictures with them as a fishing report, to me, without pictures, it is a story.
If your worried about the people finding out where your fishing.......don't post anything.
Also, what works today doesn't necessarily work tomorrow.
Yes, I've fished Antero a couple times.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See Like I said that lake is full of big fish. So you dont need to tell me it was a story. The reason I dont post Pics is because I really dont take my came unless i am shooting videos. I working on trying to make my own show. So go ahead rip me now tell i am stupid or lying. I lived out here for ten years know and been reading this site for some time like a year. i dont post a lot because someone always has some smart to say i was trying to help ppl find out about the ice cond and help the guys that were getting skunked out there. so much for me trying to help out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Why so defensive over a 1 liner. You had a great post...then you screwed it all up by getting wetover a quick opinion

Don't get upset over a forum post. AWESOME PICS btw too whadley. I hope to catch just 1 that size this morning.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Hell I havent had a camera for a year...I did get one for Christmas...and its a waterproof one...some people take pictures and some people dont...a guy shouldnt get ripped cuz he didnt take pictures and lack of pictures doesnt make it not true...somebody I know once had brook trout pictures for an April 1 thread...does that mean it happened since it didnt since there were pictures?...and by the same token if someone rips you for not taking pictures who cares?...its their opinion...everyone has one...you tried to help...

·
Registered
509 Posts
whadley said:
A "Fishing Report' without pix is a Story.
People wonder why so many members don't contribute to this forum any longer. This is an example of one reason why.

·
Registered
769 Posts
zman said:
Hell I havent had a camera for a year...I did get one for Christmas...and its a waterproof one...some people take pictures and some people dont...a guy shouldnt get ripped cuz he didnt take pictures and lack of pictures doesnt make it not true...somebody I know once had brook trout pictures for an April 1 thread...does that mean it happened since it didnt since there were pictures?...and by the same token if someone rips you for not taking pictures who cares?...its their opinion...everyone has one...you tried to help...
Well said Z. Reminded of the saying that a--holes and opinions are alike in that everyone has one. I usually have a camera with me but it is rare that I let it get in the way of my fishing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for the Information.
Not everyone needs pictures.
Not all here know how to post pics.
Pictures are actually considered a Persuasive element to a Report but not manditory.
I'm sure most appretiate it either way.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Thanks for the report troutangler. I've barely had any picures in my fishing reports but thats cause I'm a dunce ( ;D) and don't know how to post pictures, but Grumpie Gills is trying to teach me how to post them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts