Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you looking for good quality ice rods at great prices check out brett knights absolute angler at 62 and wadsworth. brent has been making custom rods for us by us i mean all of us ice fishing people. nice rods larger eyes great price. i just pick up a great laker rod for twenty bucks. he will custom make anything you want. come on guys support the small fishing places too. dont let all the lights blind you

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just stopped by there for the first ime and i must say those guys are very helpful. they just got a new customer for as long as they are a round. if you never been there stop by some time and give it a quick ;) look.

James

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good to hear burn-n - daylight. brett has always been real helpful to me and just an all around nice guy.i really meant what i said about supporting the small guy. zman is correct what he said about supporting ken and his magazine i think its really important that we as a group support those people that live and work here in colorado. ill get off the soap box now. but seriously guys check this store out!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I stopped in the Absolute Angler today, to see those ice rods for myself,

How do you say SWEEEET? I'm getting two rods made up on the blanks that I chose, with the handles I chose, with the guides I chose, all top shelf stuff for something like $30 bucks each. They are ordering the blanks Monday and expect to have my rods ready to go before next weekend!!!

Good call littlemac.

Ter

T

·
0 Posts
i am always weak and spendy on fishing stuff....

can you give exact directions?

thanks

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Tekneek,

I go north on Wadsworth to 64th. This is if you live south of 64th(go north). If you live north of 64th you will have to go south on Wads. Turn west on 64th, (for you guys, west is west regardless of whether are going north or south - go towards the mountains ;D) go west maybe 100 feet, turn south on old Wads (I think) and turn into the little shopette about 100 yards to the south of 64th on Old Wads. It will be on the east side of the street.

Did that help ;D ;D ;D

If you manage to find it, Brett owns the place, builds the rods, and is really helpful, don't tell him I gave you directions.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Put the Absolute Angler address into mapquest.com or look up the phone number in Yahoo yellow pages and it will have an option for a map...

When map comes up...click on print...take with...

·
Registered
862 Posts
i get alot of my fishing stuff especially live bait at absolute angler very close to my house and those guys in there are pretty cool i can probably walk there in less then 5 mins. good little fishing store IMO

·
Registered
636 Posts
Well it's about time more people start talking about Brett's store on this site. I told y'all early in the year that it was great. Not only that but it is Colorado MuskiesInc headquarters. Man I need to get my butt over there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'd like to get up there, I live in Castle Rock, and its a little bit of a Haul, Have to make a day of it, Cruise up there get a couple sticks, then go over to BearCreek Lake or something.

:) ;) ;D :D :mad: :eek: ::) :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
dang I missed out. I spent 80 bucks on a thorne bros rod. It is a great rod but to think I could have got one for 30. Course it might've been a pain getting it since I live on the west slope and all...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree that local buying and selling of goods is a must. Not only do you get regional equipment( little different fishing colorado than it would be fishing wisconsin) also if they continue to make grade "a" equipment then we can throw those big company catalogs away(well we can still use them as a consulting tool).

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dont think we need to throw the big catalogs out , i just think we as colorado fisherman need to do a better job of supporting the people that support us. brett is an exceptional store hence opening up today at 4am and running a shuttle service to eleven mile go see if the big stores are open at 4am.

·
Registered
879 Posts
littlemac and Talo, Thanks for the heads up on Absolute Anglers. Last time I was buy there it sas a Shwin bicycle shop. Just ordered a 40" ice rod. brett said he will try and have it done buy this weekend. Great place. Talo, while I was there I saw pictures of you and your daughters fishing. Great looking Wipers. Thanks again

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey mojo youll love the rod fished with my new one today at green mnt how do you say sweet, did you happen to see my picture there also its of me at jefferson lake . my wife takes some awsome shots.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Brett is awesome he is a big help. One night I showed up kind of late as he was leaving and he offered to open up the store and get me some cat bait. I didn't take him up on it but name any other store that would make that kind of offer. And Hey guys, they have got the cheapest suckers in town 2.00 a package I think sportsman's charges 4.95. This guy loves the sport as much as we do if not more.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts