Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ice storm that shut my town down is gone, power has returned and the ice has melted. Here are some pictures from the storm. I'll let them speak for themselves.

While sitting in my parents' house (with power) I had time to organize my tackle box and get some things done. We were without power for a week at my house.

Anyway, glad we were blessed to be able to stay with family who had power. Many up here didn't have that option and stayed at shelters. Others stayed in their houses, heating them with wood fires. We were blessed... with the 3 little ones.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Glad you had a place of comfort during that Opry. Pretty impressive pics!

And....you had time to organize.

Good deal!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea-- there's still National Guard out here clearing trees from back roads and parking lots. We have another storm on the way tomorrow night through Thursday morning. More sleet, ice, and snow.

I can't imagine it will be anywhere near what it was 2 weeks ago, but you just never know.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Went through an ice storm in Washington once. That is SO weird! Ice just starts to build up on everything....at least in a blizzard I know where it came from!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They didn't, thankfully. We didn't have water either, so we couldn't leave it on a drip. We were very fortunate to not have pipes bust.

Went back to the house every day, 3rd day of no power, the water got turned back on, so I turned it on a drip.

7th day, the power turned back on.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I just drove through there on my way to Memphis and back. It was crazy how many trees and branches were down. It looked like a large scale tornado with all the damage.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For sure... The 4 counties most deeply affected by the ice storm were Putnam, White, Overton, and Cumberland. All east of Nashville. It was pretty bad out near Nashville, but nothing like those other counties. I haven't seen any pictures from Memphis west, but I imagine they weren't spared. Almost the whole state got affected.

Glad your journey was safe.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I went Charlotte to Memphis and back for my dad's funeral. Not my best trip. Looks like you're getting another round of poop weather.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea... Ice and snow ice and sleet ice and rain, freezing overnight into evil.

And no ice on the ponds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts