Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Georgetown and officers gulch are capped. So that means the other higher places are capped too. Hopefully the chilly nights will firm things up a bit.

I'm still chasing open water lakers till I can't but I'd figure I'd let you ice boyz know. I'm going to gunnison/Taylor next weekend.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
All these ice threads finally made me bring out the ice gear out of the basement. All batteries are charging as we speak. All rods have been re-spooled as needed. Tackle boxes are re-packed. Just waiting for some ice at lower elevations now... Nice work on your excursions, gents!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Got my two Strikemaster gas augers "tuned up" at this place:

http://www.arearentalls.com/main_page.html

$70 each. One is a 4 stroke and the other is a 2 stroke. Seems like they did a good job -- both start and run,and they didn't when I took them in. Replaced all the gas lines, and a grommet on one, changed the oil on the other. Both got carb kits. Guess the plugs were ok so they didn't change those. They were done in a couple of days, had all the parts on hand. I was going to take them up to Total Power on S. Broadway but Area Rentals is the authorized Strikemaster repair shop. 8)

Congrats on the early iced fish!

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Right on albow...THX! Right by my house, now I know where to take my old one to get tuned!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Saw folks ice fishing on Dowdy and West yesterday. I still think it's early, Dowdy has only had a lid for about a week now.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
I've iced a lake within 3 days of it capping...also seen the same lake still be completely unsafe after being capped for several weeks. Lot of variables in ice safety.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts