Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Skaguay is just outside Cripple creek/Victor area and although I can't say for sure if it is capped I can say I live about 9miles north of there near Mueller and my son and I have been ice fishing our ponds for the last couple weeks (just to try out some new gear and shake dust off old stuff)
we've been on 8"-10" consistently. The ponds are 10-12' deep all about an acre in size and at 9600ft. elevation

·
Registered
749 Posts
Looks like it is going to be a good ice season

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Iced BC this morning. Ice was 3-4 inches with some areas with crazy amounts of slush. Checked BS on the way out.... 1.5" of ice.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Teacher, did you have any luck at BC? The jury seem to out on the effects from the floods and this is the first report from there on ice fishing.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Teacher, did you have any luck at BC? The jury seem to out on the effects from the floods and this is the first report from there on ice fishing.

We got a bunch of stockers off of Pelican. Marked some bottom huggers that wouldn't commit--possible perch? Saw a group by boat ramp and two other groups to the left of boat ramp.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks Teacher, I'm looking for someplace close to town to take the grandsons this week as it is Christmas break for them. They are 6 and 9 years old so their attention span isn't too long, so BC might be a good option.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Thanks Teacher, I'm looking for someplace close to town to take the grandsons this week as it is Christmas break for them. They are 6 and 9 years old so their attention span isn't too long, so BC might be a good option.
With the warm weather in the forecast, I personally wouldn't take my kids on the ice in the metro area. There are places at higher elevations that are within an hour that would provide safer ice and good action for kids. Evergreen and Georgetown come to mind.

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
The hilltop General Store (970) 881-2206 or the Red Feather Lakes Trading Post (970) 881-2912 could probably tell you...havent been up there in a really long time.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts