Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some input on places in Colorado with better than average chances at a big fish. I dont want any secret spots or any thing just in general where can a guy have a shot at a fish 5# or so. Iam willing to put the time in to learn a lake just dont want to waste my time on a lake that has smaller type fish with little chance at a big one.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping not to hear that lake. I have tried and tried and get it kicked every time Iam there. :-\
Slayer: Once one figures 11 mile out can they catch fish consistently? Thanks for the input I'll keep trying.

D

·
0 Posts
It has the big fish! The biggest mistake I see at 11 Mile is people not being there for the early morning bite. I catch most of my big fish between an hour before sun-up and an hour after. Folks who amble out onto the ice at 8:00 have missed the prime fishinig of the day.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
The Delanneys produce big fish.

·
Registered
16,399 Posts
But not as many and they are farther away.
ePiC said:
The Delanneys produce big fish.
But not as many and they're farther. Also can be just as fickle. I used to hit 11-mile before sun up but have had my biggest fish late morning to mid-afternoon.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
If your looking for Lakers hit Granby always the chance at a large Mac. But if your after bows then 11 mile is the place.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Chris said:
If your looking for Lakers hit Granby always the chance at a large Mac. But if your after bows then 11 mile is the place.
The Lakers I've seen come out of Blue Mesa have been bigger then the Granby ones this last year.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
jamiehughes said:
just keep reminding people that 11 mile is the place to go
Yeah yeah you just dont want anyone on your ice... I know how it is.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Yeah yeah you just dont want anyone on your ice... I know how it is.
they can head up to my ice, doesn't mean they will catch anything, i love the fact that you can't use bait there. it makes people think that the big ones are few and far between.  ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Let the ice begin !!! I'm going to do a lot more sight fishing thru the ice this year. It's the only way thats better than using the vex up untill you can't see your lure! I saw alot of very nice fish under the ice at 11-mile last season.

·
Registered
248 Posts
last year on elevenmile i caught this stocker trout so i get him up and release him and not even 5 seconds after i released him i see this huge pike slowly cruse under our holes. I drill 4 holes in a row for my shack and man that pikes head was in the first hole tail in the last hole 39''-40'' pulled out the pot of gold started jigging 10 mins later bam something nailed it all i heard was zizzzzz then nothing pull up about a foot of line aww man the bottom of the hole broke me off make sure you drill all the way down ..... early ice is a great time for pike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts