Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Am I abby-normal?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All this talk of bassin' and walleye fishing already. Sheesh! We still have a good month or so of icefishing to do. Why do you think you bought all that ice crap? Use it! lol. Think back to October, when one was wishing for ice. Spring will be here soon enough.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
lake1177 said:
All this talk of bassin' and walleye fishing already. Sheesh! We still have a good month or so of icefishing to do. Why do you think you bought all that ice crap? Use it! lol. Think back to October, when one was wishing for ice. Spring will be here soon enough.
I wasn't wishing for ice in october or for any other time......of course I bought all the ice fishing crap for when it inevitably arrive. Ice fishing is something to do until the water gets soft, nothing more!! ;D Spring is here my friend!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
When I look about my back door in my yard, I see snowmobiles on a trailer, ATVs on another trailer, and my boat & trailer waiting...

Got a snowmobile poker run this Saturday and we'll see what Sunday brings

I figure I got 2-3 more icing trips left

·
Registered
285 Posts
I voted that your an idiot only because you didn't give to many choices, I really don't think your an idiot, die hard yes, idiot no. I like the ice but I was ready for open water 2 months ago.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Nice survey Ed!
I'll let you guess how I voted.
This is actually a great time of year because of the open water appearing in the metro area, and the ice still good up in the high country.
I'm going to hit up a pond today with minnows on a slip bobber, and then ice W. Fork tomorrow. You gotta love Colorado!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have to chime in again. Of course I voted "Idiot". ;D :D ;)
Ed's my fishing bud, and I can't possibly pass up a chance to give him some grief.

For those of you that have never fished with Mac Daddy, here are some Ed-isms.

"I need some fresh suckmeat".
"Fish on!!", 2 cranks of the reel...."Oh oh no, I lost him, god dammit."
"Downtown"
"Well f##k me sideways"
"It's a chartreuse bite"
"I need some schmackinaw"
"Oh no, I caught a slimer, don't tell anyone"

Ed's one very talented and funny Norwegian, fish with him some day, you'll see. He's still an idiot though.

·
Registered
648 Posts
jamiehughes said:
Quicsilver171 said:
if im lucky i got at least 5 days left in me through the ice. If i had my choice these lakes would be frozen year round, ;D
really dude, where are you fishing?. i still got probably at least a month left...
My jobs going to be 6 days a week for a while, i figure there will be safe ice till mid,end of april, that leaves me 5 -7 Saturdays left to tear it up and catch your ten pounder ;D :D

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Funny post, Ed. I must say you do have your sh*t together when it comes to lakers. If my memory serves, you kicked everybody’s arse (in term of number of fish caught), the couple of times I went fishing with you guys. I must also say that it was a great ice fishing season, and it was nice fishing with you guys, but I am ready for open water. Walleyes will be my obsession for the next month+. Then it will be wipers and white bass. I would be more than happy to chase those fish with you, Chris and Jeff this spring/summer.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
ice fisher said:
I have to chime in again. Of course I voted "Idiot". ;D :D ;)
Ed's my fishing bud, and I can't possibly pass up a chance to give him some grief.

For those of you that have never fished with Mac Daddy, here are some Ed-isms.

"I need some fresh suckmeat".
"Fish on!!", 2 cranks of the reel...."Oh oh no, I lost him, god dammit."
"Downtown"
"Well f##k me sideways"
"It's a chartreuse bite"
"I need some schmackinaw"
"Oh no, I caught a slimer, don't tell anyone"

Ed's one very talented and funny Norwegian, fish with him some day, you'll see. He's still an idiot though.
:D Very funny! he is a great dude to ice fish with! I'm with you ed! Love the Ice! But i also love spring fishing!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts