Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out yesterday to try Valco with Kyle's Dad hoping for eyes and bass at Valco. Found some sketchy ice at best! Could only get out 10' from shore on thin ice! 7' of water no love

Then we thought we would try turkey creek.... Found ice around 6" but was pretty good.
On the way out the shore line was getting sketch.
One bite between the two of us... Fished 12'-31' marked some shad but nothing else really. Alex saw a few other fish on the vex

Today Kyle and I met DJ and Noah (his woman)a little east of Turkey Creek..... Ice looked more sketch and we had a little trouble getting on. Once out we found 3-5" with a good amount of slush. For sure a little sketch. Have a nice hump in this area thought we might find an eye or something. Not so much! I was the only one with a vex and I had one come in is all. No bite
Fished 14'-40'
Wasn't going to head out any further. The other crew took off around 930 while Kyle and I jetted around 1030 with the ice getting worse. One area my foot broke through and we also broke through getting back to shore but it was 2-3' off shore. The shoreline ice is breaking up quick!

If anyone else heads out let me know how you do... Would be fun to get into some bass or eyes close to home. Ice isn't safe enough to get into 50'+ of water.
Some pics from today

Tracks all around

Nice meeting you guys out there! Thanks for the use of the auger. BTW the holes in todays report is 6"

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
walleye seeker said:
Boon
on the 22nd of jan coleman and i were about 250 yds of where you were fishing with the boat

the reason the ice is bad around the shore is the lake is filling at the rate of a foot per week
We figured that and the warm weather yesterday. Shore was pretty good at first yesterday and when getting off it was loosening up.

Lots of views and no comments....
Sorry no fish. I drilled a bunch of holes

·
Registered
23 Posts
Awesome, my buddy and I hit gravel pit cove Friday afternoon, found 5-6 inches of ice, hit the edge of a rock pile with 1 bite, still fun to say we iced Pueblo reservoir.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
It was great to fish with you guys, unfortunate that we couldn't get any takers though. After we left and headed up to San Isabel it was crazy. Like a white out for most of the trip. There was a good 2 to 3ft of snow...and it was way to much work to catch just 6 fish between all of us. Tyanne caught one Bow, I caught 4 Bows & a Kok, nota' for my Bro.

Take it easy guys...hopefuly Valco will be good after this next cold spell and we can hit it.

D.J.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Boondock said:
Today Kyle and I met DJ and Noah (his woman)a little east of Turkey Creek.....

Both my girlfriend & I got a good laugh out of that one boon!
That slush & those random holes out in the ice were awful creepy! By the way, it was good fishing with you guys out there! Hopefully Valco gets good & hard with this next cold snap.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
hummus cannonball said:
GrumpieGills said:
What are you trying to say, Guppy? Why are you just randomly bumping this post?
Here I'll answer. Because, Boondock asked a question about anyone ever ice fishing Pueblo Reservoir. Mainly because he was curios if anyone would go out and try after his report, and we were curios how well they would do.

D.J.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
djfisherman2 said:
hummus cannonball said:
GrumpieGills said:
What are you trying to say, Guppy? Why are you just randomly bumping this post?
Here I'll answer. Because, Boondock asked a question about anyone ever ice fishing Pueblo Reservoir. Mainly because he was curios if anyone would go out and try after his report, and we were curios how well they would do.

D.J.
You are incorrect....but thanks for playing!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Most cases when someone" Bumps" a post it's to draw attention to it! By bumping a post it automaticly put's your post at the top of the list! This is commonly done on adds listed for sale in most forums! Now in other cases similar to this one it is done to gain more knowledge on the topic by drawing more attention to get more bytes to feed on the topic!

Just a little rationalization!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts